Tuesday 28 October 2008

Mr Mic

Ok, so there are many rules for singers who wish to perform live; but rule number one is probably...don't drop the microphone! During rehearsal with my band I dropped my mic...we all laughed and it still worked so that was fine. The second time however, we still laughed but I could see the thought bubbles amongst my band and imagined they would get together later and find a singer who understood that a mic isn't used to its full potential on the floor!! So.....the third time! Yeah 3 times I dropped it!LOL! We did manage to get some bits of music rehearsed, though not much because the mic spent most of its time off the stage and on the floor!

Later that afternoon, our live performance workshop was running along nicely; I survived Kelly Clarkson's 'Since u been gone' and after about an hour was up doing some backing vocals for my other classmate. No problem there until there he was...my 'nemesis'...mr mic! Ha!! I was adjusting the stand height and out he pops!! This was the worst mic throw of all because he decided to throw himself directly at the monitor! For those of you who aren't aware, that isn't the quietest of sounds when you include feedback into the mix! All I heard amidst my inner cries for the ground to swallow me up, was Dave and Dave from my band (we really should be called Dave) laughing their heads off! It is officially the most embarrassing thing to happen to me on stage and I'm sure there are plenty more to come! So don't worry that you missed it, Mr Mic will return no doubt!


2 comments:

:brittany// said...

i am laughing a lot!!

Elisabeth with an S said...

I wasn't at the time!!! Really embarrassing!lol