Thursday 23 October 2008

Global Peace Festival

My friend and I were chatting yesterday about serving the community; one of her passions apart from music is peace in the our communities and in particular world peace. No, she isn't a beauty pageant contestant but is genuinely committed to this idea that our world could experience peace in our generation. I love talking to her about this stuff because although she wouldn't profess to be a Christian, her ideals far surpass where mine should be sometimes! 

Our chat yesterday turned to our music careers and where exactly our other passions and loves, fit into this music industry bubble we're currently in..I was taken aback slightly when she announced that she wasn't 100% certain that music would be her career path. I've always felt certain that there was nothing else that I would want to do apart from music...I've always been taught to keep my options open but I always felt in my gut (generally a very good and reliable source) that music would be where I found my place. Then I realised that the very reason I want to persue music is not just my love of it but a real desire to serve God in an industry that needs Him. Granted at times I'm selfish and its all about me but ultimately I realise that its for His glory. So we concluded that wherever we end up; recording albums, campaigning for world peace, we want to use music and creativity to make a difference in this world. I know that sounds immensely cheesy but its how I feel at the moment and what good is a gift if you keep it for yourself?

So I would encourage you to check out the website and see what people from all communities and traditions are doing for this cause. Here's the address...

www.globalpeacefestival-uk.org


2 comments:

nugg33 said...

Hey. Loving the blog. You are good at it. Funny and dare I say it very "stuffchristianslike" like with the humour

Elisabeth with an S said...

Wow! Compliments indeed! Thanks!